axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Vinh Nguyen (vinguye2)" <vingu...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: How to return Object[] from axis2
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 22:05:02 GMT
Hi,
What kind of value are you getting back?

I don't think xs:any was designed for this.  It should be to generically
represent an object that actually has an XSD schema.  In what you're
trying to do below, what is the schema of the xml you expect to be
returned?
-Vinh

________________________________

From: Chinmoy Chakraborty [mailto:cchinu@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:01 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to return Object[] from axis2

Hi Deepal,

Thnaks a lot for your response. I can use Axis2 in our client side but
we need to make it work with Axis 1.4 to support backward compatibility.
I checked axis2 and found that it supports Object array as return type
however, it does not work with following return type (Object array of
Objejectarray of Object array):

public Object[] returnObjectArray(String authToken) {
        Object[] retVal = new Object[3];
        Object[] args = new Object[3];
        args[0] = new Object[] {"Arg1", "Arg2", "Arg3"};
        args[1] = new Object[] {"Arg1", "Arg2", "Arg3"};
        args[2] = new Object[] {"Arg1", "Arg2", "Arg3"};
        retVal[0] = new Object[] {"RetVal1", "Retval2", authToken,
args};
        retVal[1] = new Object[] {"RetVal3", "Retval4", authToken,
args};
        retVal[2] = new Object[] {"RetVal5", "Retval6", authToken,
args};
        return retVal;
    }

Please let me know how I can make axis2 work with axis 1.4 for the above
mentioned return type!!

Chinmoy

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Deepal jayasinghe <deepalk@gmail.com>