axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Lucente, Richard D" <richard.d.luce...@lmco.com>
Subject Re: Re: classloading question with axis2 and jboss
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:56:17 GMT
The issue has to do with class loading order.  After a serious round of
debugging, what I found was that the tomcat classloader attempts to load
the class then fails.  The parent classloader within JBoss attempts to
load the class then fails.  Finally axis2 loads the class using the web
service's classloader from the service.aar's lib directory.  In a
generic case, this is how things worked in my deployment.

The issue I'm having is that I'm attempting to override the
javax.xml.registry.* classes shipped with JBoss with updated interfaces
to talk to a third party provider.  My service.aar contains a lib
directory with the custom jars inside.  However, the classloading scheme
described above causes the JBoss javax.xml.registry.* classes to always
be found first.  I never can load from my classloader.  When I attempted
to get the service classloader from the current MessageContext, I still
got the tomcat classloader which failed and then delegated to JBoss.
JBoss then loaded its implementation.

I'm using JBoss 4.0.5.GA and Axis2-1.2.

Can I change the classloading order so the service.aar's classloader
goes first?

Help!