axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Lucente, Richard D" <richard.d.luce...@lmco.com>
Subject classloading question with axis2 and jboss
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:32:39 GMT
I deployed a service.aar file with the following internal structure:

service.aar
  META-INF
    MANIFEST.MF
    services.xml
    xsd0.xsd
    service.wsdl
  lib
    jar1.jar
    jar2.jar
  classes
    class1.class

When class1 attempts to access a class in jar1.jar, the tomcat
webappclassloader fails to see the jars in the aar file and instead
delegates to its parent which is a jboss class loader.  This attempts to
find the class in other jboss class directories and then returns a
ClassNotFoundException.

Axis2 is deployed as an exploded war directory within jboss.  My aar
file is deployed to mywar/WEB-INF/services.

What do I need to do to load embedded jars from aar files within the
jboss/tomcat environment?  Should I just put these jars in the
mywar/WEB-INF/lib directory (which means other services see them as
well)?  I would prefer the isolation that comes with embedded jars if
possible.

- Rich