axis-java-user mailing list archives

From new2axis <vinahuja84_frie...@hotmail.com>
Subject InvocationTargetException when trying to do a simple task
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2008 23:36:13 GMT

Hi,

I'm learning about web services and I'm trying start with a simple thing. I
have a method:
public void addStudent(Student student) { }

Student is a simple POJO class.
The addStudent method goes through the logic of persisting the Student
object in the database. Without using webservices, this method works fine -
therefore confirming that the basics of connecting to the database and
persiting the object are working fine.

But, when I expose the same method as a webservice, and modify my test
client (main method) to use the web service, I get the following exception.
The only thing I know is with the last line  with the getCause() method
which indicates something is null.
I have searched through many forums and some of them mention the exact same
exception I'm getting below, but none seem to provide a cause for it.

Any guidance will be very helpful.

Thanks!

AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
	{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:Vinay-Laptop

	at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:222)
	at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:129)
	at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationContext.java:1087)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown
Source)
	at
Source)
	at
Source)
	at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227)
	at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696)
	at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:435)
	at
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:62)
	at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206)
	at
edu.columbia.students.ws.generated.StudentServiceSoapBindingStub.addStudent(StudentServiceSoapBindingStub.java:153)
	at edu.columbia.drivers.StudentTester.main(StudentTester.java:21)
Cause: null