axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Nate Roe <nate....@vegas.com>
Subject RE: What might cause "Unexpected subelement return"?
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 21:04:21 GMT

I have tested a few theories about the cause of this exception, but so far they've come up
negative.

Is there a way to get Axis2 to tell me which specific subelement was unexpected?

Thanks,
Nate Roe

-----Original Message-----
From: Nate Roe [mailto:nate.roe@vegas.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:59 PM
To: 'axis-user@ws.apache.org'
Subject: What might cause "Unexpected subelement return"?

I am using Axis2 v1.3 and Rampart v1.3 on JBossAS v4.0.5 running on Java 1.6.0_03.

I'm deploying a POJO service.  Responses from this service cause an ADBExceptoion: "Unexpected
subelement return".

The subelements in this case are child objects, collections, etc.

What are some causes of this exception?  Unfortunately I cannot share SOAP/WSDL corresponding
to this specific problem.  I hope that this problem has some known causes that I can look
into.  If I cannot identify the cause in this way then I will try to write some smaller, sharable
demonstration.

I found JIRA #1746, but it was closed more than a year ago: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-1746

Thanks,
Nate Roe