Thanks Paul, that's great!  I checked my wsdl and it has the TCP trasnport...thanks for the hint.
You see I'm using my service consumer is using a service stub that was created using WSDL2Java.
Is there a way I can instruct the stub to use the TCP port to communicate with the service? When I do something like
MyStub stub = new MyStub("tcp://localhost:6060/axis2/services/MyService"); //I copied this from the wsdl
throws an exception: AxisFault: The service cannot be found for the endpoint reference.
Can I use the same stub to access the service through tcp transport?