axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: AXIS TCP - TIME_WAIT - Connection Leak
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2008 15:48:44 GMT
A TCP connection goes to state TIME_WAIT after the local end has been
closed in an orderly way (that is not with a connection reset). On a
system that opens and closes many connections, it is therefore normal
to see many connections in this state. This is not a problem, since in
this state, no resources (other than the corresponding entries in some
internal OS data structure and that you can see with netstat) are
consumed whatsoever.

I don't know the exact effect of setCallTransportCleanup(true), but it
may potentially produce even more connections in state TIME_WAIT
because connections are not reused.

Andreas