axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] xsi:type support with JAXB databinding?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 15:12:33 GMT
tough to say without knowing your namespace declarations
Any chance we can see the entire wsdl? or at least display the namespace declaration?

Bon Chance
Martin--
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: pierre.casenove@almerys.com
  To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 7:57 AM
  Subject: Re: [Axis2] xsi:type support with JAXB databinding?

  Hi,
  Thanks for the answer. I used JAXB databinding.
  Should I switch to ADB?

  Pierre

        "Amila Suriarachchi" <amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com>
        01/02/2008 06:22 Veuillez répondre à
              axis-user@ws.apache.org

       A axis-user@ws.apache.org
              cc
              Objet Re: [Axis2] xsi:type support with JAXB databinding?

  On Jan 30, 2008 8:58 PM, <pierre.casenove@almerys.com> wrote:

  Hello axis users,
  I have a web service client (which I can't modify) which sends requests using xsi:type attributes:

  <EQUIPEMENT xmlns="http://www.almerys.com/schemas/requeteOPTOAMC/2.6.0" xsi:type="LUNETTETYPE">

         [....]
  </EQUIPEMENT>

  After generating sources from the wsdl using jaxb2 databinding, I got the following classes:
EQUIPEMENTTYPE.java and LUNETTETYPE.java
  During Axis2 request treatmeent I receive an InstantiationException (the detail is the the
linked file) : Unable to create an instance of com.almerys.schemas.requeteoptoamc._2_6.EQUIPEMENTTYPE

  If I send a request without xsi:type :
  <LUNETTETYPE xmlns="http://www.almerys.com/schemas/requeteOPTOAMC/2.6.0">
         [....]
  </LUNETTETYPE>

  It works perfectly.

  So my question: Does Axis2 support xsi:type attribute? On the website , I saw this article,
about adb : http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_0/adb/adb-howto.html telling that it is not supported.

  Have you written the service using the ADB. This is an Axis21.0 article. With Axis2 1.2
and onwards it supports the xsi:type. Use -g option when generating the code.

  thanks,
  Amila.

  Does anybody knows what to do?

  Thanks in advance,