axis-java-user mailing list archives

From <Ajit.Kamalak...@iflexsolutions.com>
Subject web service call return is very slow
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 11:07:16 GMT
Hi Group,

I am using Axis 1.4 for my web service development.

One thing I have observed is that the time taken for the return of the
method call to the client is considerably high & is sometimes to the
tune of 7-8 seconds.

I believe, this is the time taken by the axis engine to prepare a SOAP
reply in return.

This does not seem to be acceptable.

Is there any way, I can improve the performance?

Will moving to Axis 2 work in this regard?

Has anyone of you observed any performance improvements when moved to
Axis 2?

Thanks,

Ajit

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is intended only for an
individual named. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute,
store, print, copy or deliver this message. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail
if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. The sender, therefore,
 does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy
version.