axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Moving Axis2 code base into JDK 1.5
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 02:06:30 GMT
I agree moving 1.5 is not merely a change of JDK but a change of APIs.
However, realistically, I imagine that'll be an incremental process- i.e.,
no one will sit and go thru and introduce generics wherever possible ..
rather we'll start using 1.5 features without restriction when the need
arises. So I'm not convinced the JDK 1.5 "switch" requires any major
signalling ... like calling it Axis2 2.0.

Given that we're close to the wire on 1.4, we'll have to leave that alone
for now.

Can we agree that that'll be the last "native" 1.4 release? We can of
course use retotranslator for future releases.

Sanjiva.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.