axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Moving Axis2 code base into JDK 1.5
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 06:28:15 GMT
 From my experiences working with companies moving to Axis2 I'd say
about half are still using JDK 1.4. If they can't count on that support
being maintained I think they're likely to reconsider adopting Axis2.
Just having an archived 1.3 version of Axis2 won't be enough to convince
them, unless they're already committed to moving to JDK 1.5 anyway.

It seems like bad timing to give up one of the major advantages of Axis2
over the Glassfish code and such. So -0 from me.

  - Dennis

--
Dennis M. Sosnoski
SOA and Web Services in Java