axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Filipe David Manana" <fdman...@ieee.org>
Subject AXIS 1.4 + Tomcat + EngineConfigurationFactory
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 21:06:48 GMT
Hi,

I have a webapp deployed in Tomcat 5.5 which invokes, using Axis 1.4,
a web service deployed on a remote machine (Perl SOAP::Lite server).

If I undeploy a deploy again my webapp, I start having the following
error: "Unable to locate a valid EngineConfigurationFactory".
The solution is to restart Tomcat. This is not acceptable for a
production environment with a high availability requirement as is
mine.

I googled and found some people saying that the solution would be to
place the log4j jar in one of Tomcat's endorsed directories.
This does not work for me. I have log4j 1.2.14 on Tomcat's common/lib
directory as well as Axis and all its dependencies.

Any suggestion?

thanks

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@ieee.org

Obvious facts are like secrets to those not trained to see them.