axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SOAP-ENV versus soapenv
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 22:17:53 GMT
My guess is that your SimpleSOAP framework is at fault.

1- the error your received in response is not valid. The <faultcode>
and <faultstring> elements in the fault response message should not be
namespace qualified.
2- the SOAP message generated by Axis is formatted correctly. (Note,
though, that the <getString> element should be namespace qualified.
The namespace URI comes from the @namespace attribute in the
<soap:Body> description in the WSDL.)

Perhaps your framework is looking explicitly for the "SOAP-ENV"
namespace prefix -- but that's an inappropriate constraint. the prefix
string is not relevant. A string like "foo" is equally valid, e.g.,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<foo:Envelope xmlns:foo="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
<foo:Body>
<getString soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<name xsi:type="xsd:string">Andrew</name>
</getString>
</foo:Body>
</foo:Envelope>

Anne