axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: NoSuchMethodError when service classes and JiBX data binding classes are located in WEB-INF/classes
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 23:28:51 GMT
havent seen that version of JIBX package in at least 3 years
Mind if I asked where you acquired the jars?

JiBX 1.1.5 is the latest

M--
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gerry Holly
  To: jibx-devs@lists.sourceforge.net ; axis-user@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 6:00 PM
  Subject: NoSuchMethodError when service classes and JiBX data binding classes are located
in WEB-INF/classes

  Hi,

  I'm getting a NoSuchMethodError when service classes and JiBX data binding classes (com.taw.cca.data.languages.*)
are located in WEB-INF/classes.  The service classes MUST be there because they are shared
with a legacy framework.

  java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.taw.cca.data.languages.DataLanguagesResult.JiBX_binding_marshal_1_0(Lorg/jibx/runtime/impl/MarshallingContext;)V
      at com.taw.cca.data.languages.JiBX_bindingDataLanguagesResult_access.marshal ()
      at org.apache.axis2.jibx.JiBXDataSource.marshal(JiBXDataSource.java:189)
      at org.apache.axis2.jibx.JiBXDataSource.serialize(JiBXDataSource.java:259)
      at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMSourcedElementImpl.internalSerializeAndConsume (OMSourcedElementImpl.java:583)

  I've verified the class in question and the method is there.   And I'm pretty sure it's
the same ClassLoader that loads all classes.  Maybe because the class hasn't been resolved?
 I'm just starting to learn about ClassLoaders...

  Environment:
     Java 1.5
     Axis2 1.2
     JiBX 1.1