axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sanjay Vivek" <Sanjay.Vi...@newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject NoSuchMethodError when engaging Rampart.
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 13:12:02 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm attempting to call a simple Web Service (an Echo Service) that is
protected by WS-Security UsernameToken. I'm using Axis2-1.3 and Rampart
1.3. However, I'm getting the following exceptions when I try to run the
client service:

org.apache.axis2.description.PolicyInclude.getEffectivePolicy()Lorg/apac
he/ws/policy/Policy;
	at org.apache.rampart.Rampart.engageNotify(Rampart.java:48)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.AxisDescription.engageModule(AxisDescriptio
n.java:454)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.AxisDescription.engageModule(AxisDescriptio
n.java:421)
	at
org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisConfiguration.engageModule(AxisConfiguration
.java:438)
	at
org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisConfiguration.engageGlobalModules(AxisConfig
uration.java:567)
	at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.engageModules(DeploymentEng
ine.java:589)
	at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.FileSystemConfigurator.engageGlobalModules(F
ileSystemConfigurator.java:141)
	at
org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfiguration
Context(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:77)
	at
org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfiguration
ContextFromFileSystem(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:180)
	at
org.apache.rampart.samples.EchoServiceClient.main(EchoServiceClient.java
:17)

I've looked around and it seems to be an exception thrown when engaging
the Sandesha module. However, I'm not using Sandesha at all so I'm
rather puzzled by this. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I'm
guessing it's something to do with libraries but I've all the required
jars on my classpath (I hope so anyway). Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards
Sanjay Vivek
Web Analyst