axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Scott Malinowski <scottm1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Process SOAP message containg XHTML
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:42:19 GMT
Jeff,

Thanks for your response. I ran a test where I was sending back 400,000 characters, about
the same quantity as the xhtml document. The characters were simply 0123456789 repeated 40,000
times so there was no need to be encoded like the xhtml is. The test processed the data in
less than a second. This included sending the request, receiving the response, and parsing
the response via a call to getSOAPBody(). Whereas, sending just half as much data (about 200,000
characters) as an XHTML document took 68 seconds to do the exact same processing. I think
this means we are back to it being (most likely) a problem with xhtml and encoding.

Scott

----- Original Message ----
From: Jeff Greif <jeff.greif@gmail.com>
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 11:39:42 AM
Subject: Re: Process SOAP message containg XHTML

It's not certain that your problem is caused by parsing the XML-encoded

string.  Perhaps it would be worth testing the hypothesis by using one
of the Axis2 samples that echo a string.  Invoke it with the several
hundred KB string you've been testing with and measure sending and
receiving times on client and server.

Jeff