axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Umar Ruhi" <umar.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem: DomException NAMESPACE_ERR
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:08:20 GMT
Hello,

I'm a newbie to the whole web services and Axis arena...

I've been trying to work with some really basic web services and can't
get past this particular hurdle.

I've deployed the web service on to Axis successfully and can call it
through a soap client without problems. In sending the request to the
server though, I get the following dialog box:

"HTTP error: could not POST file '/axis/services/..." on server
'localhost' (500)"

followed by another dialog box "Error sending soap data"

The soap body returned is as follows:

--------------------------------

<soapenv:Body>
               <soapenv:Fault>
                       <faultstring>java.rmi.RemoteException:
NAMESPACE_ERR: An attempt is
made to create or change an object in a way which is incorrect with
regard to namespaces.; nested exception is:
       org.w3c.dom.DOMException: NAMESPACE_ERR: An attempt is made to create
or change an object in a way which is incorrect with regard to
namespaces.</faultstring>
                       <detail>
                               <ns1:hostname
xmlns:ns1="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">...</ns1:hostname>
                       </detail>
               </soapenv:Fault>
       </soapenv:Body>

I've spent almost two days searching for a solution, trying out
various java libraries, and nothing seems to work. I'm sure it's
something really minor that I'm missing somewhere.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!