axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Mauro Molinari <mauro.molin...@cardinis.com>
Subject Re: externalMapping to reuse types
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 08:02:32 GMT
Hai Alistair,
I also posted a question about external mapping some time ago but never
got an anwser.
For what I could understand by my own, that file is aumatically compiled
when there are globally defined types in schemas. Maybe you can also
edit it by hand, but I can't say what it could be really useful for...

 From my own personal experience, I try to share schema files in this way:
- shared types are defined in their own namespace, so that WSDL2Java
generates classes in the own (shared) packages
- every time I do a WSDL2Java for a WSDL that uses shared schemas, I
throw away the newly generated classes for the shared types and I use
the previously generated ones, which actually are the same classes

If I could understand your situation well, I think that the key to solve
your problem is to carefully choose namespaces (i.e.: Java packages!)
for both WSDLs inline schemas and shared XSD schemas.

I hope this helps a bit...

--
Mauro Molinari
Software Developer