axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Mar <mar...@bedbookers.com>
Subject SOAPUI Complex Type Arrays
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:39:21 GMT
I am trying to create a webservice that uses complex type arrays.  How
do I display an example of a complex type within a complex type array.

For single complex type requests I get the layout of the object like so:

      <urn:setAdvClassTest
soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
         <adv xsi:type="urn:AdvClass">
            <advStringTest xsi:type="soapenc:string"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">?</advStringTest>
         </adv>
      </urn:setAdvClassTest>

For arrays of complex type I get an empty array list.  The complex type
array does not specify what is required in an object of that array.

      <urn:setAdvClassArray
soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
         <advs xsi:type="urn:ArrayOfAdvClass"
soapenc:arrayType="urn:AdvClass[]"/>
      </urn:setAdvClassArray>

How do I cater for complex types so that SOAPUI can display the complex
object type within the array.  Like so:

      <urn:setAdvClassArray
soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
         <advs xsi:type="urn:ArrayOfAdvClass"
soapenc:arrayType="urn:AdvClass[]">
             <adv xsi:type="urn:AdvClass">
                <advStringTest xsi:type="soapenc:string"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">?</advStringTest>
             </adv>
          </advs>
      </urn:setAdvClassArray>

Searching for answers led me to a reply that stated that the array name
was different to the one generated by the proxy.  I've searched through
the auto generation and the array names all seem to line up (called
avs).  Nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Can anyone tell me how to represent an object within an array using SOAPUI?

Thanks,
Mar