axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Mar <mar...@bedbookers.com>
Subject Resolving an issue of the deployment of wsdd using Axis in Command line
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:56:01 GMT
Hi,

I've been running through the tutorials and keep hitting similar errors
regarding accessing classes from within a Jar file.

I'm trying to deploy the AdminService via the AdminClient as described
in the tutorial.  I can access webservices via regular
http://localhost:8080/axis/*.jws and access
http://localhost:8080/axis/happyaxis.jsp which describes all the needed
components as being installed and detected.

Once I try and run the command to deploy the wsdd I get the following
error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/axis/client/AdminClient

This exception is trigged by the following command inside the folder
(\axis\WEB-INF\classes\samples\stock):
java -cp "%AXISCLASSPATH%" org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
-lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService deploy.wsdd

My setup is as follows:

I'm running Tomcat 6.0 and Axis 1_4 on an Windows XP installation.

I've set my environment variables up in the following manner:
Variable Name: AXIS_HOME
Variable Value: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
6.0\webapps\Axis1_4\axis-1_4
Variable Name: AXIS_LIB
Variable Value: %AXIS_HOME%\lib
Variable Name: AXISCLASSPATH
Variable Value:
%AXIS_LIB%\axis.jar;%AXIS_LIB%\commons-discovery-0.2.jar;%AXIS_LIB%\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar;%AXIS_LIB%\jaxrpc.jar;%AXIS_LIB%\saaj.jar;%AXIS_LIB%\log4j-1.2.8.jar;%AXIS_LIB%\xml-apis.jar;%AXIS_LIB%\xercesImpl.jar

NB: (I have changed the .jar files on commons-discovery.jar to
commons-discovery-0.2.jar and on the commons-logging.jar to
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar)

The servlet setup on the web.xml file is the same as the defaulted
web.xml in the Axis distribution.  This setup includes the Axis Admin
Servlet and the servlet mapping.  servlet-class point to
"org.apache.axis.transport.http.AdminServlet" and the servlet
url-pattern in the servlet mapping pointing to "/servlet/AdminServlet".

Once inside the AXIS_LIB folder, I can see all the .jar files that have
been specified by the AXISCLASSPATH.

In my project in Eclipse when importing
org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient I can see there are methods for
undeployment (undeployService() and undeployHandler()) but no specific
methods listed for deployment.  Is this correct?

Regarding the java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError, I understand why its
happening but troubleshooting the issue is becoming problematic.  I've
checked the locations of the environment variables and checked the
commands that i'm running and the location with which i'm running.

Can you help?

Thanks,
Martin