axis-java-user mailing list archives

From red dog <redwhite_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 Security with Rampart
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 18:10:24 GMT
Thank you so much Paul! I got it work following your advice. I still have a question though:
why did I spend so much time trying to figure it out by myself when I could've just emailed
you guys!? :) I'm so mad now!

Paul Fremantle <pzfreo@gmail.com> wrote:  Yep you need some kind of policy to tell Rampart
what parts of
WS-Security to implement.

Take a look at rampart-1.3\samples\policy\sample01

Paul

wrote:
> What is your rampart config/policy. If you just enable Rampart but
> don't give it any configuration it doesn't do much.
>
> Paul
>
> On Jan 4, 2008 4:51 PM, red dog wrote:
> > Reg. message ID: BAY108-DAV6AE19CD9C371CBB93AB9CAE930 () phx ! gbl
> >

> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Is there any resolution to this? I'm facing the same issue and I'm using
> > Axis 2 and rampart module 1.3.
> >
> > If I just send a SOAP message with an empty security header my method gets
> > called.
> >
> > POST /axis2/services/sample03 HTTP/1.1
> > 1ba
> > > xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">>
> xmlns:wsse="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd"
> > soapenv:mustUnderstand="1" />>
> xmlns:ns1="http://sample03.samples.rampart.apache.org/xsd">Hello
> > world
>
> > 0
> >
> > Response:
> >
> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> > Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 15:59:48 GMT
> > Server: Simple-Server/1.1
> > Transfer-Encoding: chunked
> > 133
> > > xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">> />>
> xmlns:ns="http://sample03.samples.rampart.apache.org/xsd">Hello
> > world
>
> > 0
> >

> > After debugging I relized that the handle() method from the
> > MyServiceCallbackHandler is not getting called although the handler is
> > getting invoked (tested by adding an empty constructor to the class).
> >
> > Your help is much appreciated.
> >

> > Thank you.
> >

> > ________________________________
> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it
> > now.
>

> --
> Paul Fremantle
> OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair