axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Shine, Kenneth" <ksh...@aware.com>
Subject Split operations of a single service into multiple AAR files
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:56:13 GMT

> Is it possible to split the operations of a single service into multiple AAR files?
For example, the StockQuoteService service in the Quick Start Guide, <http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_3/quickstartguide.html#services>,
has a getPrice and an update operation.  Can I break that into two AAR files, one that specifies
operation getPrice and one that specifies operation update, but both still having the same
service name so that I can still call them like so:

> http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/StockQuoteService/getPrice?symbol=IBM
> http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/StockQuoteService/update
>
>  I wish to do since because I want to add more operations to an existing service after
initial deployment without having to alter the existing deployed AAR file.

> I assume I cannot do this since Axis will see this as two different services with the
same name instead of one service in two parts.