axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Hargreaves <p.d.hargrea...@bedsearcher.co.uk>
Subject [Axis1.4] complexType of simpleContent with extension attribute of type float - wsdl2java compile error.
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 17:14:59 GMT
Please could an Axis developer confirm and then register this bug in Jira for
me - I couldn't find a known bug that seemed to be the same.

Axis 1.4 - WSDL2Java generates a DistanceType.java source file, from the
following schema, with compile errors (the float member and supporting
methods are not created).

 <xs:complexType name="DistanceType">
  <xs:simpleContent>
   <xs:extension base="DistanceValueType">
    <xs:attribute name="Unit" type="DistanceUnitType" use="required"/>
   </xs:extension>
  </xs:simpleContent>
 </xs:complexType>

 <xs:simpleType name="DistanceValueType">
  <xs:restriction base="xs:float">
   <xs:minInclusive value="0"/><xs:maxInclusive value="255"/>
  </xs:restriction>
 </xs:simpleType>

 <xs:simpleType name="DistanceUnitType">
  <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
   <xs:enumeration value="Km"/>
   <xs:enumeration value="Mi"/>
  </xs:restriction>
 </xs:simpleType>

On the other hand Axis 1.2.1 - WSDL2Java creates the DistanceType.java
correctly.

If I replace DistanceType.java generated by Axis 1.4 with the one generated by
Axis1.2.1 then the 1.4 generated code compiles OK.

This wsdl to generate this error can be found at:

http://gw.bedsearcher.co.uk/axis2/services/BsTestWebService?wsdl

The two DistanceType.java files are attached.

Many thanks,
Pete.H.