axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Herscu <bmf1...@fastmail.fm>
Subject [axis2] newbie question regarding java proxies generated by wsdl2java
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2007 21:53:09 GMT
Hi all,

I am learning about Axis2 using this WSDL:
http://www.webservicex.net/CurrencyConvertor.asmx?wsdl

I have generated a Java proxy by using this command:
wsdl2java.bat -or -uw -o ${project_loc} -uri ${string_prompt:WSDL URL}
and I have built a Swing UI on top of it.

I can invoke the service synchronously and asynchronously through the
Swing UI.

I have also built an HTML+JavaScript UI and it works also. I had to make
it work through a server proxy because the cross-domain limitation in
browsers. So the browser sends a POST request to
http://localhost:7586/ws-clients/ws/CurrencyConvertor.asmx and the
server proxy maps it to http://www.webservicex.net/CurrencyConvertor.asmx

Now I am trying to make the Swing client talk through the server proxy
and it doesn't work :-(

After monitoring the network I found that the browser creates a nice
HTTP POST request, while the Swing client doesn't create any HTTP
request... Perhaps it's too late and I am too tired... How could it be????

Please help,
Adrian

P.S. I can attach the pcap files as a proof....