axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "robert lazarski" <robertlazar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis 1.3: Random Failures are Killing Us
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:57:26 GMT
Consider moving to axis2 if possible, as there isn't much development
occurring in axis 1.x still. The latest version of axis 1.x I think is
1.4, with some sporadic talk of a 1.5 coming at some point ( no idea
if that'll actually happen or when).

Can't help any further on axis 1.x, sorry.

HTH,
Robert

On Dec 14, 2007 12:49 PM,  <mecode@carolina.rr.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> We are actually still running Axis 1.3 with this code...not Axis2.
>
> We thought that maybe this was being cause by too many open files, but we haven't seen
that error at all, just the Axis exception.

> At this point, I'm thinking this could be a concurrency issue. Is that section of code
(the loading of config files) in the old Axis implementations thread safe?

> Thanks.
>
> ---- robert lazarski <robertlazarski@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just have a couple of ideas, as this may not be an axis2 issue.
> >
> > First, make sure you aren't getting "too many open files" errors from
> > java. On linux see if something like 'lsof | grep java'  isn't getting
> > out of control on high load.
> >
> > Second, if the file you are reading isn't changing, perhaps reading
> > the file into a static string on server startup  may help. Or, load
> > the file into a static Document / OMElement or the like on server
> > startup.
> >
> > Shooting in the dark a bit here, but I'd try a few simple things like
> > that to track the issue down.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Robert
> >
> > On Dec 14, 2007 12:01 PM,  <mecode@carolina.rr.com> wrote:
> > > Every so often, under high load, Axis 1.3 will suddenly start spewing the
> > > exception below. It all of the sudden can't open the config file, even though
it
> > > had no problem doing so for about a week.
> > >
> > > I'm creating an instance of org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider using
Spring, giving it a path for a config file in the constructor, injecting then instance into
a Spring singleton, and then setting setSearchClasspath(true) in the code.

> > > Does this exception occuring after an extended runtime period and under heavy
load make sense to anybody? Would this possibly be something that was fixed in 1.4?