axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "robert lazarski" <robertlazar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Real time axis performance - Any case studies available?
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 20:56:18 GMT
Not that I'm connected with this company in any way, but one option
that has helped our performance with ssl is a dedicated load balancer
that does hardware ssl acceleration - in my case the loadmaster
LMI-1500. Their docs describe this as:

"Putting a LoadMaster or a SSL-Master in front of these web servers
and terminating the
SSL session, thus sending the traffic as regular HTTP to the servers
relieves the servers
of the CPU-intensive cryptographic functions. Using a LoadMaster also allows the
ability to do cookie persistence, since the LoadMaster will see the
unencrypted traffic
and will be able to make persistence decisions based on cookies."

HTH,
Robert