axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Thomson, Duncan" <dunc...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: [Axis2] Java2WSDL with JAX-WS and JAXB annotations
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:25:57 GMT

FYI, Netbeans has very nice JAX-WS and JAXB support, and does a very
nice job of annotation processing.  Note that if you use this you don't
need Axis at all - instead of Java2WSDL the Netbeans IDE uses a
different set of tools - wsgen and wsimport, if I remember correctly.
You can also launch these tools directly yourself, and perhaps they are
available within other IDEs, I'm not sure.

Anyway, the point is, as far as I can tell, with these tools, there's
really no need for Axis2.  Perhaps someone else will explain why it's
needed, but I don't see it.

Duncan