axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Gerwood Stewart <gerwood.stew...@une.edu.au>
Subject Axis MTOM and Base64
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 21:57:26 GMT
Some of the online documentation (http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_0/mtom-
guide.html)  states that
"add and set the "enableMTOM" parameter to true in the Axis2.xml.
When it is set, *outgoing* messages *which contains optimizable
content* will be serialized and send as MTOM optimized messages. If
it is not set all the binary data in binary content nodes will be
serialized as Base64 encoded strings."

 From my understanding of this you can enable MTOM so that the
outgoing message is wrapped in MTOM ONLY if it contains optimizable
content.

I tried enabling this, however it is now always on. Every message,
even ones that contain only string fields (no base64) are wrapped in
MTOM.

Does anybody have any ideas about where to look to adjust this, or
have I mis-interpreted the documentation?

Thanks

Gerwood Stewart
Programmer
Teaching and Learning Centre