axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Marc Nädele <marc_1...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [Axis2] BindException calling RPCServiceClient very frequently
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 07:37:14 GMT

Thanks for your help.

So I think that I have to change the system architecture to reuse the service client if possible.

Anyway, if someone has an other idea it is still welcome.

Thanks
- Marc

________________________________
> From: par_malmqvist@hotmail.com
> To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
> Subject: RE: [Axis2] BindException calling RPCServiceClient very frequently
> Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 19:10:27 +0100
>
> Yes, I instanciate the client once and use it many times.
> Thats why the client dont need so many resources from the operating system and
> it works.
>
> /Pär
>

>> From: marc_1111@hotmail.com
>> To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
>> Subject: RE: [Axis2] BindException calling RPCServiceClient very frequently
>> Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:17:42 +0000
>>

>> Setting options.setCallTransportCleanup(true) and options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT,
Boolean.TRUE) did not solve my problem. Still the same Exception.

>> But I think I may have discovered an other thing which may be important:
>>
>> Currently I create a new RPCServiceClient instance in every loop. If I create the
RPCServiceClient only once and then reuse the same instance in every loop I managed to make
5000 and 10000 calls in a row. Unfortunately the system architecture which calls the service
can not be changed easily to reuse the RPCServiceClient instance. So the problem still exists.

>> Pär: maybe you can tell me how your scenario - which works for you - is. Do you
create a new Axis2 service instance for every call to the service or do you create the service
once and then call it multiple times?

>> Thanks
>> - Marc
>>
>> ________________________________
>>> From: par_malmqvist@hotmail.com
>>> To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
>>> Subject: RE: [Axis2] BindException calling RPCServiceClient very frequently
>>> Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:38:22 +0100
>>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I solved the problem with:
>>>

>>> Options options = stub._getServiceClient().getOptions();
>>>
>>> options.setCallTransportCleanup(true);
>>>
>>> options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT, Boolean.TRUE);
>>>
>>> /Pär

the Axis2 POJO Web Services example [1]. If I call this client very frequently in a loop (e.g.
5000 times) I eventually get a BindException when calling the service. Client OS is Windows
XP SP2. Axis2 version is 1.3.

not closed fast enough and if the maximum user sockets under Windows of 5000 is reached I
get those exceptions.

got a good understanding about the cause of the problem and what the solution for an asynchronous
web service (as described in the JIRA issue #2593 [4]) can be.

All attempts I made failed. The proposed solution desribed in [4] using the AsyncService2Test.java
test case as an example seems not to work for a RPCServiceClient . So is it not possible to
get a solution for a RPCServiceClient?

Any hints are welcome!