axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Pär Malmqvist <par_malmqv...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [Axis2] Considerations regarding a static RPCServiceClient instance
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 09:26:38 GMT

Hello!

I checked the Axis2 source code a couple of weeks ago to see if there would be any difference
for my generated client when I use different ways of cleanups. 1. options.setCallTransportCleanup(true)
 2. Using any of these methods after each call.stub._getServiceClient().cleanup()
stub._getServiceClient().cleanupTransport()stub.cleanup() For my client I could not see a
reason to do anything more than using 1) and everything would cleanup by itself.But this might
not be the case for your client, I dont know. /Pär  > From: marc_1111@hotmail.com>
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org> Subject: RE: [Axis2] Considerations regarding a static RPCServiceClient
instance> Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 17:17:51 +0000> > > Hi Michele and Pär,> >
Finally my code seems to work with minimum ressource allocation and mutch faster than before.
When I create the RPCServiceClient instance I set> > options.setCallTransportCleanup(true);>
options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT, Boolean.TRUE);> > I couldn't find
documentation for setCallTransportCleanup, but Pär assumed to use this in an other thread.
Can someone explain what it really does?> > Thanks> -Marc> > ---------------------------------------->
> From: Michele.Mazzucco@ncl.ac.uk> > Subject: Re: [Axis2] Considerations regarding
a static RPCServiceClient instance> > Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 09:51:26 +0000> >
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org> > > > > > On 4 Dec 2007, at 07:36, Marc Nädele
wrote:> > > >>> >> Hi Michele,> >>> >> the state
does not matter. The calls to the service are > >> independent. So the WS implementation
on the server does not need > >> to know anything about the state.> > >
> You didn't get my point. The state is your RPCServiceClient instance > > (you're
doing the same using a stateless WS + static variable).> >>> >> My problem
is that the client application produces bursts of > >> independend web service calls
to the same web service. The user can > >> load a file where elements are stored.
Some of those elements are > >> converted using a web service depending on their
type. Because of > >> the system architecture the module which wrapps the > >>
RPCServiceClient and which calls the web service can not know how > >> many elements
are converted via the web service because the > >> conversion of each element is
an independent operation. So until > >> know I create a new RPCServiceClient for
every conversion > >> operation. Since there may be up to 5000 elements which must
be > >> converted in a row, 5000 instances of RPCServiceClient are created > >>
in a short period of time and I run into the described ressource > >> problems with
the sockets.> >>> >> My concerns are that I keep a living static instance
of > >> RPCServiceClient during the whole lifetime of my application which > >>
may never close open ressources. So my question is what I have to > >> do when I
reuse one instance during the lifetime of the > >> application. Is it important to
initialize and close the instance > >> for each call or can I just create and initialize
the instance once > >> and then reuse it without using any special method?> >
instance> >>> Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 17:50:38 +0000> >>> To: axis-user@ws.apache.org>
making your WS statefull?, Using a static> >>> variable to store the state (i.e.
your RPCServiceClient) doesn't> >>> sound a good idea to me.> >>>
About your concerns (i.e. resource usage) can you be more specific?> >>>> >>>>
>>> Michele> >>>> >>>> >>> On 3 Dec 2007, at
17:40, Marc Nädele wrote:> >>>> >>>> Hi all,> >>>>
I have some serious problems (like out-of socket errors) with the> >>>> RPCServiceClient
class when I have a burst of web service calls> >>>> very fast in a row and
create a new RPCServiceClient instance for> >>>> each call. Normally my application
creates series of fast web> >>>> service calls (to the same web service) in
a row like a "burst".> >>>> Unfortunately because of the system architecture
I don't know in my> >>>> module - which implements the web service request
- how many> >>>> service calls will follow a certain service call. So I can
not use> >>>> the best solution like creating a RPCServiceClient instance when>
RPCServiceClient instance when all requests of this "burst" are > >>>> done.>
applciation starts and lives until the application is shut down.> >>>> This
solution seems to be OK at the first glance but I am afraid> >>>> that this
will result in some other problems like not freeing> >>>> ressources or other
ugly side-effects.> >>>>> >>>> Does anyone have some hints what
I have to consider if I use a> >>>> "static" RPCServiceClient instance and
which options or parameters> >>>> I should use?> >>>> Any help
or comment is welcome.> >>>>> >>>> Thanks in advance> >>>>
- Marc> >>>>> >>>> Mit Live Search: Ihre Stadt in der Vogelperspektive!
Erleben Sie> >>>> neue Blickwinkel!> >>>> >>>> >>>