axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Name Changes For Development Test and Production Deployments
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:23:47 GMT
ANT accomplishes the objective by reading separate properties file for each
environment
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/property.html
<property environment="env"/>
  <echo message="ANT_HOME is set to = ${env.ANT_HOME}"/>

and then use the environment variable ANT_HOME as the arbiter of which
property file to use e.g.
  <property file="${env.ANT_HOME}/.ant-global.properties"/>

ping user@ant.apache.org
for follow-up questions..

Martin--
----- Original Message -----
From: <sietsenicolaas.tenhoeve@bt.com>
To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 6:25 AM
Subject: RE: Name Changes For Development Test and Production Deployments

Hi Peter,

I think this problem is beyond Axis and Axis2 and is more on project
base. I know that maven has built-in support for different environments
using profiles to support this. For ant there are alternatives but I
don't exactly know how to deal with this. I think they make use of extra
tasks for different environments.

Good luck!

Sietse