axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Chiradeep_Banik <Chiradeep_Ba...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Query about AXIS2 1.3 asynchronous web service
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 09:40:41 GMT

Thank you for your response Michele.

My project requirement is:-

1. Make multiple, almost simultaneous calls for e.g. 1000 to the web service server.

2. The server would take some time (could be hours) to send the response back and on receipt
of the response client would process the response data received. The client has no further
job after sending request to server to be done.

On this requirement, I thought of using asynchronous web service interface to the server as
provided by Axis2.

Axis2 would use callback mechanism and polling mechanism to track when the response is received.
So does this mean that all my 1000 client threads would be alive and in memory unless a response
comes back from server? Until the client receives a response from server, the client has nothing
to do in my case.

In case of a JMS/MQ interface, I can create 1000 requests and put them in the queue and my
JMS listener can pick up those responses once they start arriving. In this case, client would
fire a request to server and would not keep waiting for response. Can this kind of functionality
be implemented with Axis2 asynchronous web service?

I would appreciate any implementation suggestion on my requirement.

Thanks and Regards,

Chiradeep