axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Real time axis performance - Any case studies available?
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:16:43 GMT
Joe

The article talks about JVM tuning and this article talks about TCP tuning -
at least for Linux. http://wso2.org/library/1721

I think the SSL problem may require you to re-use the same HTTPClient in
your Axis2 client. I'm guessing that what's happening is that the SSL
negotiation is happening with every single request.

try stub._getServiceClient().getOptions().setProperty(
HTTPConstants.REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT, "true");

Paul

On Dec 11, 2007 2:06 PM, Joe S <joe.smithian@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for the good points. What tuning we should make to the TCP stack or
> JVM? Any reference for more information?
>
> What I found in my tests using AXIS2 is that using https in Java client
> is unacceptably slow, every SOAP operation is 100 times slower than http.
> What can we do about it? Does that has anything to do with AXIS2
> configurations? or Sun's implementation of SSL?
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe
>

> On Dec 11, 2007 4:21 AM, Paul Fremantle <pzfreo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Natraj
> >
> > We did some significant benchmarking a while back that showed some
> > pretty good results:
> >
> > http://wso2.org/library/588
> >
> > Under heavy load you will also need to tune your TCP stack and JVM to
> > get good performance.
> >
> > Paul
> >

> > On Dec 11, 2007 8:48 AM, Gudla, Natraj (GE Money, consultant) <
> > natraj.gudla@ge.com > wrote:
> >
> > >  Hi All,
> > >
> > > Is Axis2 proven to handle real time heavy load of concurrent
> > > request(s) and process them with quick responses. I am interested to check
> > > any case studies or hard learnings from any one who might have had this
> > > situation. We are trying to build an on-line payment application,
> > > which requires customer payments to be authored in quick turn around
> > > seconds. The web applicaiton will hit a new web service layer to be
> > > developed which internally interacts with one or more third party web
> > > services.
> > >
> > > Before we kick off using Axis2 we need to understand the real time
> > > performance. Any inputs will highly be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Natraj.
> > >

> > --
> > Paul Fremantle
> > Co-Founder and VP of Technical Sales, WSO2
> > OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
> >
> > blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> > paul@wso2.com

Paul Fremantle