axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rick Isaacs" <reg.isa...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] Problem Axis2 sample - jaxws-calculator
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2007 18:15:05 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to get the axis2-1.3\samples\jaxws-calculator sample to work,
but I get
the error in Tomcat

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.axis2.jaxws.calculator.Calculator

- downloaded and installed maven

- called maven package for the the sample, but maven could not download the
necessary files

- changed the pom.xml

    <artifactId>axis2-aar-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.3-SNAPSHOT</version>

    <artifactId>axis2-jaxws</artifactId>
      <version>1.3-SNAPSHOT</version>

<version>1.3</version>

- maven package downloaded many files and built
samples\jaxws-calculator\target\jaxws-calculator-1.3.aar

- copied aar file to /services to deploy

- service is found by the Axis2 Service servlet along with wsdl

-
http://127.0.0.1:8080/axis2/services/CalculatorService/add?value1=1&value2=3

response in browser

<faultstring>java.lang.NullPointerException</faultstring>

Tomcat shows
<faultstring>java.lang.NullPointerException</faultstring>

I could not find an documentation for this sample, so I am not sure, how to
correctly install this sample.

Maybe I am missing some jars.

Thanks,
Rick