axis-java-user mailing list archives

From qvall <qv...@o2.pl>
Subject ws-security: Encryption using UserToken
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2007 23:10:45 GMT

Hi,
I would like to encrypt and sign my requests any responses using WSS4J and
UserToken
but can't figure it out how to make it. I searched the archive and came
across  http://www.nabble.com/WSS4J-symmetric-encryption-td6097730.html
http://www.nabble.com/WSS4J-symmetric-encryption-td6097730.html  where is
mentioned
about symmetric encryption. Unfortunately links to axis2 snippets are dead
and
I couldn't track current path in svn.

I guess I should play with "encryptionKeyIdentifier", "EmbeddedKeyName",
"encryptionPropFile"
"encryptionSymAlgorithm" according to other link that works. However i still
don't know how
to make it. Especially how can i reference UserToken that is generated to be
used to
signature and encryption? I've tried on my own but
http://ws.apache.org/wss4j/apidocs/org/apache/ws/security/handler/WSHandlerConstants.html#keyIdentifier
wss4j apidoc  is not clear enough to me.
I would appreciate any code snippets or links where it is explained in
detail.

In case it is not supported right now I'm also wondering is there any way to
encrypt
response from server (using x509 Certificates) without knowing client's
public key in advance?
I mean in many samples I saw that server's keystore had client's cert. I
would like to
avoid it since this requires modifing server with each new client. Does
"useReqSigCert"
has something to do it with?

I'm new to WS-S and I hope there is some simple solution for my simple
purposes.

patrick