axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aftab Mahmood" <amahm...@SERENA.com>
Subject Can I configure Axis2 (out-of-box) to work as Proxy via WS_ADDRESING / WS_TRANSFER
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2007 23:09:23 GMT
HI

Is there any way in Axis2 that I can configure it to work as PROXY for
routing the web service messages? Can WS_ADDRESSING module be used for
this purpose?

For experimentation, I deployed a test web service on two instances of
Tomcat and engaged them Axis2 Addressing modules. Using SOAPUI I created
a sample request with end-point referring to instance-1. I modified
SOAP:Header by adding TO  (pointing to instance-2 URI) and ACTION as per
WS_ADDRESSING specifications.  I was hopping that message sent to
instance-1 could route to instance-2 by axis2, but it did not. Any
change in  Addressing handler location in "axis2.xml" was ineffective
also.

What does really WS_ADDRESSING handler do in Axis2?.

Here are some of the articles I read but could not get clear picture.

http://dev2dev.bea.com/pub/a/2005/01/ws_addressing_intro.html
http://wso2.org/library/176
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_3/Axis2ArchitectureGuide.html
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-ws-addr-core-20060509/

I will highly appreciate few words / pointers on this topic.
--
Aftab

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact