axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Walker, Jeff" <Jeff.Wal...@fmr.com>
Subject RE: axis wsdl2java nullPointerException
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:45:18 GMT
Your wsdl is screwed up.
You could post it here, and maybe someone will read it and give you some
hints.
Or, you could do what I always do, comment out all the operations except
the simplest, and try that. Keep adding in another operation until you
find the one that cause the problem. Then edit the request and response
parameters until you learn which piece of schema is probably causing
your issue.
-jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: samanth marisetty [mailto:samanth.mv@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 11:38 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: axis wsdl2java nullPointerException

Hi,
  When I use the axis wsdl2java tool I get this error..
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaBeanHelperWriter.getAsFieldName(JavaBean
HelperWriter.java:435)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaBeanHelperWriter.writeMetaData(JavaBeanH
elperWriter.java:325)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaBeanHelperWriter.writeFileBody(JavaBeanH
elperWriter.java:183)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaWriter.generate(JavaWriter.java:127)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaBeanWriter.writeFileBody(JavaBeanWriter.
java:257)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaWriter.generate(JavaWriter.java:127)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaBeanWriter.generate(JavaBeanWriter.java:
1405)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaTypeWriter.generate(JavaTypeWriter.java:
113)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory$Writers.generate(JavaGe
neratorFactory.java:421)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.generateTypes(Parser.java:547)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.generate(Parser.java:432)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.access$000(Parser.java:45)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:362)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Could some body please explain me why it occurs..
  I am new to web services so I am not sure what is wrong with the
wsdl..

Is there a way I could know where exacty the NPE is caused?

Thanks,
Samanth Marisetty.