axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does non-blocking / Async in AXIS2 really work ?
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:35:37 GMT
Jan

There are two separate issues in asynchronous webservices.

The first is whether the client code blocks and waits. The second is whether
the transport level is asynchronous.These two things are independent.

The client is whether you use a callback, and the transport is whether you
call

serviceClient.setUseSeparateListener(true);

This requires WS Addressing because the server needs a signal to detach the
client socket and it needs the address to recontact the client on.

You cannot bypass the socket timeout without this.

To make the scenario you are using work you need to have both asynchronous
client (so the client thread does not wait) asynchronous transport (so the
socket doesn't timeout, and asynchronous message listener (so that the
server can instantly reply HTTP 202 Accepted to the client. In this scenario
it will work fine and yes Axis2 does work. However, I think the samples
probably need some work to show this.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle