axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Petr V." <greatman...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Does Axis 2 allow passing of sub class objects ??
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2007 04:17:01 GMT
Hi Vivek,

Thanks for that. I used any ways java2wsdl from command line to generate java classes and
I saw all the subclasses generated but when I called the web service, I got instantiation
exception :-( . I will update you if I find any thing interesting

Thanks,

Petr

Vivekananda Moosani <vivekananda_moosani@persistent.co.in> wrote: Hi Petr,

The schema looks fine. You have an attribute "generateAllClasses" for the
ant task.
You can refer http://ws.apache.org/axis2/tools/1_3/CodegenToolReference.html
here for more options (both for command line execution and for the ant task)

Regards,
Vivek
From: Petr V. [mailto:greatman787@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 3:42 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Does Axis 2 allow passing of sub class objects ??

Thanks Moosani, I believe I am facing similar issue. Could you please help
me with following

I am seeing the snippet where I egenrate java classes from wsdl but not sure
how could I specify -g ?

wsdlFilename="http://localhost:8080/services/InventoryService?wsdl"
                  output="${build.dir}/client"
                  packageName="com.hp.cp.stubs.inv" databindingName="adb"

namespaceToPackages="http://quickstart.samples/xsd=com.hp.cp.stubs.inv.xsd"
                 language="java"
                 synconly="true"

/>

and in wsdl, I added manually following snippet. Filter is an interface and
LocationFilter is a class implementing it

type="xs:int"/>

Thanks in advance

Petr V.

Vivekananda Moosani  wrote:
Hello,

We had a similar case. We were generating both sever side and client classes
from WSDL. We had a DataNode type which gets passed in the WebService
methods. But the client can also send a subtype like StructuredDataNode or
UnstructuredDataNode. We had the subtypes even defined in the schema in the
WSDL.

If you have a similar situation then while generating classes also give –g
option to WSDL2Java. This generates classes for types which are not directly
used in Web service operations like the sub type in this case. You can pass
a subtype in the calls to Web Service methods.

Hope this helps!

-
Vivek