axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Amila Suriarachchi" <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom message receivers vs RPCMessageReceiver
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:10:43 GMT
hi,

I think this is a confusion lot of people made.

when developing web services there are two mehtods.
1. contract first approach.
      here you start with the wsdl file (contract ) and use the
wsdl2java to generte the code. so it generates a
      custom message receiver for you.
2. code first approach.
       here you start with code and axis2 generates a wsdl for you.
here you must use the RPCMessageReceiver.

when developing a service you have to choose one. and you can not use
RPCMessageReceiver with the generated code.

thanks,
Amila.

On Nov 12, 2007 2:58 PM, Mauro Molinari <mauro.molinari@cardinis.com> wrote:
> Hello all!
> I have a question about message receivers.
>
> Suppose I have a WSDL with just an in & out operation, whose input and
> output parameters eventually are simple types.
>
> Suppose I want to generate the Java code using WSDL2Java, with the
> unwrapping option (-uw).
>
> For the server-side, WSDL2Java creates a specialized message receiver
> for the service. But, as long as I understood it correctly, because of
> the fact that the only operation in the service uses simple types
> (strings, ints, etc.), I should be able to use an RPCMessageReceiver...
> at last, this is what I find in services.xml if I write equivalent code
> and follow the POJO guide in Axis2 documentation...
>
> So, am I correct? Is there any advantage or drawback on using
> RPCMessageReceiver when working with operations with just simple types
> involved instead of the "customized" message receivers generated by
> WSDL2Java?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Mauro Molinari