axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Charitha Kankanamge <chari...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] How can I access response SOAP envelope?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 04:34:49 GMT
I was able to resolve the problem by using serviceClient directly
without generating it through stub._getServiceClient(). Hence, if you
want to access the soap response, make sure to use serviceClient as follows.

 ServiceClient serviceclient = new ServiceClient();

OperationContext operationContext = serviceclient.getLastOperationContext();
MessageContext messageContext =
operationContext.getMessageContext(WSDLConstants.MESSAGE_LABEL_IN_VALUE);
System.out.println(messageContext.getEnvelope().toString());

regards
Charitha

Charitha Kankanamge wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I tried to access the response soap envelope using Axis2 client API as
> follows.
>
> OperationContext operationContext =
> stub._getServiceClient().getLastOperationContext();
> MessageContext messageContext =
> operationContext.getMessageContext(WSDLConstants.MESSAGE_LABEL_IN_VALUE);
> System.out.println(messageContext.getEnvelope().toString());
>
> However, the following exception was thrown when running the client.
>
> com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxUnexpectedCharException: Unexpected character 'v'
> (code 118) in epilog; expected '<'
> at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,425]
>    at
> com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwUnexpectedChar(StreamScanner.java:623)
>    at
> com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.nextFromProlog(BasicStreamReader.java:2047)
>
>    at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.next(BasicStreamReader.java:1071)
>    at
> org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.next(StAXOMBuilder.java:153)
>

> I'm not sure if the above is the correct way of accessing soap
> response at client side. Can someone please check the above and let me
> know? I'm using Axis2-1.3 in winxp.
>
> regards
> Charitha

Charitha Kankanamge
WSO2 inc.
Flower Road, Colombo 07
+94 714268070

A bug in the hand is better than one as yet undetected