axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Greif <jeff.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic web services
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 01:30:03 GMT
I asked some similar questions within the last week, so can pass on what
I learned.

1. A pointer to the services schema is
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/kernel/resources/services.xsd?view=markup

<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/kernel/resources/services.xsd?view=markup>

2. If you don't list any operations or use the <excludeOperations>
element, all the public methods of the service class become operations
(or perhaps only those with signatures compatible with the
MessageReceiver?).

3. You'll probably want to provide some dispatcher elements and probably
a custom class in services.xml. Perhaps the standard dispatchers are
sufficient to determine the service (trying first the request URL, then
the soap action and then the first soap body child element). Then the
operation in that service class must be determined. Normally, the soap
body element's first child is matched against operation names in
service.xml (or if none are present, against method names of the
implementation class). You can provide your own dispatcher class whose
findOperation method returns the same method for all possible soap body
first children allowing that method to deal with further dispatching.

4. You'll probably be specifying the RawInOutXmlMessageReceiver (name is
something like that). It's the closest analog to the Axis 1.x message style.

Hope this helps (that is, I'm not steering you wrong).

Jeff