axis-java-user mailing list archives

From <sietsenicolaas.tenho...@bt.com>
Subject RE: Urgent
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:46:33 GMT
Hi Mohamed,

I advice to use strong typed wsdl files. I hope you are familiar with
strong vs. loose type languages? (i.e. java (strong) vs. php (loose))

I think the following links will provide enough information:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/ws-tip-xsdcaution.html
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-loosevstrong.ht
ml

I agree almost complete with both articles that strong typed definitions
are the way to go. This because it minimizes the interpretation and
maximizes the intend of the service. The articles are pointing that out
with good examples imho!

Sietse

________________________________

From: M.Khaled [mailto:mohamed_mohamed_186@yahoo.com]
Sent: 21 November 2007 13:28
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Urgent

Hi Sietse,

I am new to web service.So I am asking how can I  adjust the wsdl file
as you adviced me?

Thanks,
Mohamed

sietsenicolaas.tenhoeve@bt.com wrote:

	Hi Mohamed,

	In my opinion the wsdl definition is not really a definition. It
	specifies that it will receive a string. But it doesn't specify
the
	meaning of it (i.e. xml, xml encoded as string). Therefore your
wsdl is
	loosely defined and this gives freedom to the implementer to
interpret
	it the way he wants. This results in unexpected behaviour.

	My advice is to adjust the wsdl and make a strict definition of
the
	messages. This enforces the client to use the well specified
description
	and gives less possibility for an own interpretation.

	Just my 2 cents.

	Regards,
	Sietse