axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Marko Asplund <marko.aspl...@ixonos.com>
Subject Exposing a Spring bean as WS with Axis2
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 20:07:14 GMT

I've developed a Spring-based service that I'm exposing as a Web Service
using Axis2 1.3. The service appears to be working fine and I'm able to
get data back with a REST request but since I'm still in the process of
learning Axis2 I'd like to get sanity check for my deployment model.

Due to starting off with an existing service which I wanted to WS-enable
it felt more natural to add Axis2 to the existing web application and
not the other way around, so I'm using the exploded deployment model and
not AAR archive files.

I've mostly tried to follow the "Spring-based POJO Web Service"
instructions except that I haven't configured a SpringInit-service.
Things seem to be working without it and Spring is being initialized in
web.xml. Are there any potential problems with this approach?

Here're the relevant configuration files, does everything look ok?

WEB-INF/web.xml:
<listener>
  <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
</listener>

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet</servlet-class>
  <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/services/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml:
<bean id="commentService" class="com.acme.comment.CommentServiceImpl">
  <property name="commentDAO" ref="commentDAO"/>
</bean>

WEB-INF/services/CommentService/META-INF/services.xml
<serviceGroup>
  <service name="CommentService" targetNamespace="http://acme.com/ws/comment/">
    <description>Comment Service</description>
    <schema schemaNamespace="http://acme.com/ws/comment/xsd/"/>

    <parameter name="ServiceClass" locked="false">com.acme.comment.CommentService</parameter>

    <parameter name="ServiceObjectSupplier" locked="false">
      org.apache.axis2.extensions.spring.receivers.SpringServletContextObjectSupplier
    </parameter>
    <parameter name="SpringBeanName" locked="false">commentService</parameter>

    <operation name="getComment">
      <messageReceiver class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>
    </operation>
    <operation name="getCommentsInThread">
      <messageReceiver class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>
    </operation>

    <!-- ... more operations here ... -->
  </service>
</serviceGroup>