axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Vivekananda Moosani" <vivekananda_moos...@persistent.co.in>
Subject RE: Does Axis 2 allow passing of sub class objects ??
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 05:45:29 GMT
Hello,

We had a similar case. We were generating both sever side and client classes
from WSDL. We had a DataNode type which gets passed in the WebService
methods. But the client can also send a subtype like StructuredDataNode or
UnstructuredDataNode. We had the subtypes even defined in the schema in the
WSDL.

If you have a similar situation then while generating classes also give -g
option to WSDL2Java. This generates classes for types which are not directly
used in Web service operations like the sub type in this case. You can pass
a subtype in the calls to Web Service methods.

Hope this helps!

-

Vivek

  _____