axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jason Wood <ja...@comp.leeds.ac.uk>
Subject How to add own jar files to a service
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:44:19 GMT
Hi,
 	I pretty new to axis2 and am just trying to find my
feet. I have developed a basic service by building
upon one of the quickstart examples, modifying code
and the ant scripts for the build as I've gone along.

I am now at the stage of wanting to use my own classes
that are in a jar file. I can make it compile using the
ant generate.service command and then execute by copying
the generated .aar file into the appropriate place in the
tomcat webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/services directory, BUT only
if I sling the .jar file into both the  axis2-1.3/lib/
(to get it to build) and webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/lib/
to get it to run.

Is this really how I am supposed to develop services by
muddling my own jar files in with those supplied as part of
axis2? I would assume that there was somewhere in the
build/service/* hierarchy that is generated by
ant that I could put my jar file so that it got used at build time
and packaged along with the service into the .aar file for
deployment. Is this not the case ?

Thanks for any help

-------
jason