axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erwin Reinhoud" <Erwin.Reinh...@ictu.nl>
Subject RE: Generating client or service has a problem with patterns
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 09:34:07 GMT
Hello Amila,

Thanks for checking. Issue created (3237), hope discription is suffice.

Greetings,
Erwin

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Amila Suriarachchi [mailto:amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com]
Verzonden: maandag 1 oktober 2007 10:34
Aan: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: Generating client or service has a problem with patterns

hi,
the problem is ADB looks for one pattern faceset. which is wrong I think
please log a jira.

you can do this like this by specifying the both patterns.

<xsd:attribute name="Type">
   <xsd:simpleType>
    <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
     <xsd:pattern value="String|Base64"/>
    </xsd:restriction>
   </xsd:simpleType>
  </xsd:attribute>

Amila.

On 10/1/07, Erwin Reinhoud < Erwin.Reinhoud@ictu.nl > wrote:

Hello All,

I send this question before under an unrelated subject and did not see any response. Am i
wrong hat the following is unexpected behaviour in axis2 1.3?

I have a WSDL / XSD with the following:

<xsd:attribute name="Type">
   <xsd:simpleType>
    <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
     <xsd:pattern value="String"/>
     <xsd:pattern value="Base64"/>
    </xsd:restriction>
   </xsd:simpleType>
  </xsd:attribute>

I found that generating a client stub will only allow one option (the last, in this case Bas64)
to be available otherwise a runtimeException is given. For the serverside i think the same
counts (service gives soapfault and no detail message).  So the problem is that generating
the type attribute only makes the last option a valid selection.

Kind regards,
Erwin

--
Amila Suriarachchi,