axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Fadoul" <matthew.fad...@my3d.com>
Subject Java heap problems with Axis2
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 05:57:10 GMT
Hi all,

I've got an app that is making the JVM run out of heap.  I'd like to adjust
the heap size.  I've read about the "-Xmx" option for running java on the
command line.  Unfortunately, I'm just a lowly C++ programmer who's still
trying to find his way around Java, so I'm scratching my head trying to
figure out how that translates into adjusting my JVM.maybe there's a secret
batch file or configuration window where I can adjust the value?

For the context, my system is:

* WindowsXP Pro.

* Java EE 5 SDK

* Apache Tomcat

* Apache Axis2

Here is the actual error reported by Axis2:

Error: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at
java.util.Vector.(Unknown Source) at java.util.Vector.(Unknown Source) at
java.util.Vector.(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchemaObjectCollection.(XmlSchemaObjectColle
ction.java:37) at
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchemaSimpleTypeRestriction.(XmlSchemaSimple
TypeRestriction.java:36) at
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.SchemaBuilder.handleSimpleType(SchemaBuilder.ja
va:354) at
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.SchemaBuilder.handleXmlSchemaElement(SchemaBuil
der.java:152) at
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.SchemaBuilder.build(SchemaBuilder.java:82) at
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchemaCollection.read(XmlSchemaCollection.ja
va:359) at
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchemaCollection.read(XmlSchemaCollection.ja
va:304) at
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.SchemaBuilder.resolveXmlSchema(SchemaBuilder.ja
va:1884) at
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.SchemaBuilder.resolveXmlSchema(SchemaBuilder.ja
va:1902) at
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.SchemaBuilder.handleImport(SchemaBuilder.java:1
627) at
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.SchemaBuilder.handleXmlSchemaElement(SchemaBuil
der.java:175) at
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchemaCollection.read(XmlSchemaCollection.ja
va:347) at
org.apache.axis2.description.WSDLToAxisServiceBuilder.getXMLSchema(WSDLToAxi
sServiceBuilder.java:140) at
org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.copyExtensibleElemen
ts(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:2186) at
org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.processTypes(WSDL11T
oAxisServiceBuilder.java:306) at
org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.processTypes(WSDL11T
oAxisServiceBuilder.java:297) at
org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.populateService(WSDL
11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:265) at
org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.populateAllServi
ces(WSDL11ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.java:109) at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.processWSDLFile(Ar
chiveReader.java:230) at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.processWSDLs(Archi
veReader.java:332) at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceDeployer.deploy(ServiceDeployer.java:64)
at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.DeploymentFileData.deploy(Deploy
mentFileData.java:137) at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.doDeploy(DeploymentEngine.java:
571) at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.WSInfoList.update(WSInfoList.jav
a:141) at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.update(RepositoryListener.jav
a:318) at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.checkServices(RepositoryListe
ner.java:220) at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.loadServices(DeploymentEngine.j
ava:118) at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.WarBasedAxisConfigurator.loadServices(WarBasedAx
isConfigurator.java:272) at
org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationCont
ext(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:78)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Matt