axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Pantvaidya, Vishwajit" <vpant...@selectica.com>
Subject RE: [Axis2] How to specify wsdl operation so that wsdl2java generates method throwing java.lang.RemoteException
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:04:31 GMT
My understanding is that the skeleton throws a RemoteException which the Axis plumbing converts
to a Soap Fault and carries back to the client where it is translated back to the RemoteException.

If you are saying that we should throw user defined custom exceptions as against RemoteExceptions
from server - I understand that. But as I mentioned at the start of this thread - this is
only for backward compatibility purposes with the existing websvc implementation which is
based on skeleton interface generated by Axis1.

So is it at all possible to generate skeletons throwing RemoteException?

________________________________
From: Amila Suriarachchi [mailto:amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:14 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Axis2] How to specify wsdl operation so that wsdl2java generates method throwing
java.lang.RemoteException

On 10/29/07, Pantvaidya, Vishwajit <vpantvai@selectica.com<mailto:vpantvai@selectica.com>>
wrote:

I am generating the interface (-ssi option) and none of the methods generated there with Axis2
1.3 are defined as throwing RemoteException (as was the case in Axis1). My web service implementation
methods which are coded to match the Axis1 generated interface throw RemoteException. So now
after wsdl2java with Axis2, I have compile time issues as the method signature does not match.

ok you are talking about the server side.  why should a skelton method  throws a RemoteException?
I think throwing RemoteExceptions from the skelton classes is wrong.

Amila.