axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesan, Chandru" <chandru.gane...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Axis 2.0 Content-type
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 16:38:47 GMT

I'm using Oxygen 8.2, WSDL/SOAP Analyzer tool to send SOAP request to
Axis 2 server. When I use HTTP client it doesn't complain about
content-type=application/xml in the response. However, Oxygen is unable
to understand the SOAP response and fails with following error message:

Invalid Content-Type:application/xml. Is this an error message instead
of a SOAP response?

I tried sending a SOAP request with a dummy URI in the SOAPAction from
Oxygen and still get above error message.

This is the response I received from Oxygen support team:

The axis server responds with a "Content-Type: application/xml;
charset=utf-8" header.

Unfortunately the "com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.MessageImpl" class
from the "saaj-impl.jar" we are using to interpret the message tries to
map the content type received from the server either as "text/xml" in
which case it considers the SOAP response to be of version 1.1 or as
"application/soap+xml" in which case it considers the response to be of
version 1.2.

As neither matches, the SOAP client throws the error message you
received.

Thanks
Chandru Ganesan